ad

2012년 12월 24일 월요일

12/24 Yujacha


1. come down with: (병에) 걸리다
ex> I think I'm going to come down with the flu.

2. the slightest hint of: 아주 약간의 조짐
ex> He didn't show the slightest hint of remorse.
* remorse [rɪ|mɔ:rs]: 회한 ex> I felt guilty and full of remorse.
ex> I didn't see the slightest hint of trouble.

3. peel: 껍질을 제거하다
ex> Here's how to peel an apple.

4. alternately: 번갈아, 교대로
ex> She put meat and vegetable alternately on skewers.

5. a week or so: 일주일 정도
ex> I'm going to be out of town for a week or so.

6. soothe [su:ð]: 달래주다, 완화시키다, relieve, calm
ex> This medicine will soothe your headache.

* creep up on: 서서히 다가오다 ex> Don't creep up on me like that.
* sore throat: 인후염
* make oneself: ~을 만들다
* citron fruit: 유자
* pith  [pɪθ]: 중과피, 골자, 핵심 (중과피를) 제거하다 ex> the pith of her argument
* pulp: 과육
* marmalade: 마멀레이드 (오렌지, 레몬등으로 만든 잼)
* rind [raɪnd] : 껍질, lemon rind


@ It's too sweet for my taste.  나에겐 너무 달아.

1. Take this if you feel like coming down with a cold.
2. Should I peel carrots before cooking them?
3. I'm going to spend a week or so in Hawaii.
4. Her voice actually soothes me.




댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기