ad

2022년 2월 26일 토요일

입트영 20220225 Food Comas

 Talk about food comas

Postprandial sleepiness, or a food coma, is a symptom caused by reduced blood flow to the brain as blood is pumped to the stomach to aid digestion. If you overeat, you may experience more severe symptoms.  

My drowsiness after lunch has gotten worse as I get on in years. When I was younger, I could eat like a horse and had no problems digesting the food.

 * I was so hungry that I ate like a horse

cf> She never gains weight because she eats like a bird.

But now, I feel bloated and drowsy if I over-indulge at lunchtime. It even gets in the way of my work in the afternoon.

 * I skipped lunch because I felt bloated

That's why I try to eat light at lunchtime with coffee, soy milk, or a salad. Having light meals at lunchtime has definitely made me feel less drowsy afterwards. 

It's easier for me to stay focused on my work in the afternoon, too. As an added bonus, I can unwind as I read or take a walk during the extra free time I have at lunch break.

 * I couldn't stay focused on my work because of the noise. 


Dialogue Practice

Don't you feel drowsy in the afternoon, after lunch?

I keep nodding off. Its a big problem for me.

It helps to eat light at lunchtime.

I think going for a light stroll after lunch can also help prevent food comas. 


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기