ad

2012년 11월 16일 금요일

11/15 Jultagi


1. witty banter [|bӕntə(r)]: 재치 있는 농담
ex> The couple entertained the party with their witty banter.

2. unlike anything you've ever seen: 당신이 봤던 것과는 전혀 다른
ex> I promise this movie is unlike anything you've ever seen.

3. elevated: 높은, 올라가 있는
ex> The hotel bed was elevated off the ground.

4. sarcastic: 비꼬는, 냉소적인
ex> Why are you always so sarcastic?
ex> I enjoy her sarcastic comments.

5. engage: 관여하다, 참여하게 하다, 사로잡다
ex> I tried to engage him in conversation.
ex> Would you like to engage in some wine tasting?

6. crack a joke: 농담하다
ex> I like to crack a joke when I get uncomfortable.


* acrobatic feat: 재주넘기
* clown [klaʊn]: 광대
* tightrope-walking: the acrobatic feat of walking on a tightrope,
* with precision: precisely, 정확하게 ex> He doesn't know its meanings with precision.
* or so: ~정도, ~가량
* off the ground: 땅에서부터
* be accompanied by: ~을 동반하다
* theatrics: 연기, 연극
* do a somersault: 공중제비를 돌다
* amuse: 즐겁게 하다
* awe: 두려워하게 하다, 감탄하게 하다
* be featured in: ~에 나오다


@ It's been handed down through the years.  그것은 수년 동안 전수되어 오는 거야.

1. I'm too tired for your witty banter.
2. The future railroad was elevated above the city.
3. His sense of humor is very sarcastic.
4. I don't think we need to engagement in argument.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기