ad

2012년 11월 28일 수요일

11/28 Capital Punishment


1. hand down: 판결을 내리다, 물려주다
ex> This guitar has been handed down to me by my grandfather.

2. consequence: 결과
ex> There are serious consequences for cheating.

3. outdated: 시대에 뒤처진
ex> Your cell phone is outdated.
ex> The singer's wardrobe was outdated.

4. under pressure: 압박을 받는
ex> Professional athletes are under pressure to perform well.
ex> Many doctor's constantly under pressure to see more patients and to order many tests.

5. carry out: ~을 수행하다, 이행하다
ex> Have you carried out my orders?
ex> Seven celebrities have to carried out their missions in the program.

6. outcome: 결과
ex> This won't have a good outcome.
ex> Whatever the outcome, I did my best in the final test.

* capital punishment: 사형제도
* commit: 저지르다
* heinous [|heɪnəs]: 극악무도한, ex> a heinous crime.
* eye for an eye: 눈에는 눈
* outcry: 항의, 격렬한 반응, ex> There was outcry at the judge's statement.
* execution: 사형, 처형
* bill: 법안
* legislation: 입법, 법률의 제정
* touchy: 민감한


@ He pushes my buttons.  그가 나를 짜증 나게 만들어.

1. The judge handed down his decision.
2. She doesn't understand the consequences.
3. I don't care if this outfit is outdated.
4. Stop putting me under pressure.





댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기