ad

2011년 9월 15일 목요일

9/14 Traffic Camera

Dialog>> I got a ticket for illegal parking.

I got a ticket for illegal parking.
ex> I got a ticket for speeding.

You probably got caught on one of those cameras.

I once got a speeding ticket because of those cameras.

It's for your own good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are all kinds of traffic cameras in Korea.
* traffic camera: 교통 단속 카메라.

There are the speed violation cameras, which are installed on freeways and expressways at regular intervals.
* freeway: 간선도로, 자동차 전용도로
* expressway: 고속도로
ex> Surveillance cameras are installed on every floor.

They can detect how fast your are driving.

The more you go over the speed limit, the higher your fine will be.
ex> I went over the speed limit on my way home.

There are also cameras homing in on bus-only lanes to see if drivers are illegally using them.
* home in on: ~로 다가서다.

Along busy streets or back alleys, rotating cameras are on the lookout for illegally parked cars.
* back alley: 뒷골목
* be on the lookout for: ~을 예의 주시하다
ex> They are on the lookout for suspicious activity.

Be sure to always follow traffic signals.
ex> I always follow traffic signal no matter what.

Some cameras are placed at busy intersections to catch drivers who break traffic laws.
ex> You'll get a ticket  if you break traffic laws.


@ You can't go on living like this.  계속 이렇게 살 순 없어.

1. I got a ticket for illegal parking.
2. I didn't know that I went over the speed limit.
3. My neighbors are on the lookout for thieves.
4. Be careful not to break traffic laws.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기