ad

2011년 9월 18일 일요일

9/17 Commuting

Dialog>> How do you get to work?

How do you get to work?
* get to work: 출근하다.
cf> get home: 집에 가다.

I take public transportation.

How many stops do you go on the subway?

I take the bus to the subway station.

I have to transfer once in the middle.

How long is your commute altogether?


Response>>  Talk about how you get to work/school.

I hate driving during rush hour, so I take public transportation on my way to work.
* on my way to: ~로 가는 길에
ex> I usually grab a cup of coffee on my way to work.

The subway station is a bit far away from where I live, but I walk there to get some exercise.
* get some exercise: 운동을 좀 하다.
ex> It's hard to get some exercise because of my babies.

It takes about 20 minutes on foot.
ex> It's too far to go on foot.

The trains are always crammed with people in the morning, but I've gotten used to it.
* be crammed with: be packed with, ~로 가득차다.
ex> The elevators are always crammed with people.

I don't have to transfer to another line.
ex> I don't have to transfer to get to work.

My office is twelve stops from where I get on.
* get on: 탑승하다.
cf> get off: 하차하다.

It runs until midnight.
* run until: ~까지 운행되다.
ex> The amusement park runs until 10 PM.


@ I eventually gave in.  결국 내가 졌어.
Did you get back together with Brian?  Brian 하고 다시 만나는 거야?

 1. You should consider getting some exercise.
2. I usually go to school on foot.
3. The beach was crammed with tourists.
4. How many times do I have to transfer to go there?


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기