ad

2011년 7월 2일 토요일

7/2 Talk about how women get manicures.

Getting one's nails done has become very popular in Korea.
* manicure: 손톱 관리
* get one's nails done: 솥톱 손질을 받다.
ex> Getting your nails done is a great way to relax and get pampered.
* pamper: to take care of sb very well and make them feel as comfortable as possible

A manicure is a form of personal grooming and a fashion statement for ladies.
* groom: 외모를 가꾸다.
ex> Getting your hair done on a regular basis is a form of personal grooming.

The service includes trimming cuticles, shaping nails, and a basic hand massage.
* cuticle: an area of hard skin at the base of the nails on the fingers and toes
ex> A basic manicure usually starts with trimming your cuticles.

Pedicures  help get rid of the calluses on feet.
* callus: an area of thick hard skin on a hand or foot, usually caused by rubbing
ex> You can use this tool to get rid of the calluses on feet.

Most salons offer packages of ten sessions upfront.
ex> I think it's cheaper to get a package of ten sessions upfront.

Customers can get discounts and special perks for these package deals.
* special perks: 특전, 특별혜택

@ I want to bring on some extra people to work on our project.

1. When did you last get your nails done?
2. She massaged my hands and trimmed my cuticles.
3. I have a lot of calluses on my feet because I wear high heels very day.
4. It was foolish of me to pay for 10 massage upfront.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기