ad

2011년 7월 4일 월요일

7/4 Talk about the Shutdown System.

Online game addiction has become a very serious issue in Korea.
ex> I think the high suicide rate in Korea is a very serious issue.

Against this backdrop, the Korean government has recently taken action on this matter.
* against this backdrop: 이러한 상황에서
* take action on: ~에 대한 조치를 취하다.

A controversial bill that bans online game access for minors late at night was passed
ex> I'm sorry, but you do not have access into this part of the building.

The Shutdown System prevents minors from logging in from midnight to 6AM.
ex> Would you mind logging in to my email account to forward a message for me?

Children will hopefully curb their online gaming habits.
* curb: 줄이다. 억제하다.
ex> I'm hoping that these nicotine patches will curb my smoking habit.

The main reason some are against this bill is that it infringes on the rights of game users.
* infringe on: violate, ~을 침해하다.

Online game companies are obviously not in favor of the Shutdown System.
* be in favor of: ~을 찬성하다.
cf> not in favor of = against
ex> Are you in favor of the new law that the government is about to pass?

@ I brought in some donus today.  오늘 도넛을 좀 가져왔어.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기