ad

2011년 7월 16일 토요일

7/16 Talk about college housing in Korea.

College students in Korea have several options when it comes to housing.
* housing: 주거형태
ex> Have you decided on housing for your freshman year at college?

Students aren't as eager to move out and live on their own.
ex> My son is so eager to go on a trip with his friends.

As long as the school isn't too far away, students generally commute from their parents' home.
* commute: 통근[통학]하다
ex> I like to catch up on my reading when I commute to work.

Some students rent small studios near campu, but this could be quite expensive.
* studio (apartment): 원룸
ex> I live by myself because my studio's not big enough for two.

Renting out a ha-sook bang is similar to renting out a room in a house.
* rent (out): 임대하다.
ex> He's planning on renting out an entire boat to accommodate for his business guests.

One great perk is that meals are provided.
* perk: 특전

@ I'm glad you're finally cashing in on all your hard work.  결실을 거둬들이다.


1. I wasn't eager to go on a trip with them.
2. How long does it take to commute to your workplace?
3. He sold his studio and move to an apartment.
4. Are you thinking of renting out a house?

@ Morning words
1. 그건 어쩔 수 없다고 생각해.  It's inevitable, I'm sure.
2. 그는 괌으로 유람중이야.  He is on a little jaunt to Guam. (jaunt: a short journey that you make for pleasure, jaunty: 유쾌한, 쾌활한)

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기