ad

2011년 7월 13일 수요일

7/13 Talk about transportation cards in Korea.

Owning a transportation card will make thing much easier.
ex> Having a car would definitely make things much easier.

It's kind of like a phone card because each use deducts a small amount until you have to recharge it.
* deduct: to take away money, points, etc. from a total amount

You can buy these transportation cards at subway stations, kiosks, and convenience stores.
* kiosk: 가판대
ex> I bought this hairpin at one of the many kiosks in the shopping mall.

Most credit cards have a built-in transortation card function in them.
* built-in: 내장된
ex> His Chair has a built-in massager along the back.

You get a small discount on bus or subway fares.
ex> I always get a small discount on my meal with my membership card.

Hi-Pass cards help you to whiz past tollgates on expressways.
* whiz past: to move very quickly, making a high continuous sound
ex> She just whiz past me like she didn't even see me.

You have to invest a little to get the Hi-Pass unit installed in your car, but the gadget will pay for itself over time.
* pay for itself: 투자한 만큼 가치를 발휘하다.

@ I'll call back later in the afternoon.  오후에 다시 전화할게요.


1. I left my transportation card behind in the taxi.
2. The kitchen has a built-in refrigerator.
3. You can get a 10 percent discount on clothes.
4. His car whiz past me.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기