ad

2011년 7월 20일 수요일

7/19 Talk about water activities Koreans enjoy.

There are water parks with giant swimming pools and water slides.
* water slide: 물미끄럼틀
ex> He decided to take his children to the nearest water park for family fun.
ex> I went on a water side.

These places are great for family outings.
* family outing: 가족 나들이
ex> We decided to go on a family outing to the zoo this weekend.

You can get your adrenaline pumping with water splashing all over the place.
* splash: of liquid to fall noisily onto a surface
ex> Bungee jumping is a surefire way to get your adrenaline pumping.
cf> get the adrenaline going (rushing)

Banana boating is an activity you can enjoy in groups.
ex> Playing board games is something you should enjoy in groups.

People ride on a big banana-shaped tube being dragged by a boat.
ex> I was being dragged by my wife shopping all day.


@ It'll catch on soon, believe me.  곧 유행을 탈 거야, 두고 봐.

1. We went on a family outing to the park.
2. Action movies are the best to get your adrenaline pumping.
3. The game can be enjoyed in groups.
4. I was dragged here against my will.

@ Morning Words
1. 내가 한조각 먹어도 괜찮아?  Is it kosher if I take a piece?
* kosher:  of food prepared according to the rules of Jewish law,  * Kosher 는 유대교에서 식사전에 기도하면서 음식에 축복을 내리는 행위로 이후에 먹어도 좋다는 뜻으로 변형. okay 의미

2. 그는 무기력증에 빠져있어.  He's got a case of lazyitis.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기