ad

2012년 5월 24일 목요일

5/23 TV Shows

DIALOG>> Is there anything interesting on?

A: Is there anything interesting on?
B: No, I'm just channel-surfing.
A: Wait! What day is it today?
B: It's Monday.
A: Shoot! My favorite drama is on today. What time is it now?
B: It's 11. Isn't that on at 10? It's already over.
ex> The new show will be on from next week.
ex> If there's nothing interesting to watch, I just channel-surf.


RESPONSE>> How did your preference for TV shows change over time?

I have watched TV for as long as I can remember.
* for as long as I can remember: 아주 오랫동안
ex> The book has been there for as long as I can remember.

The first shows I watched were cartoons when I was a kid.

I became more interested in dramas and sitcoms throughout middle and high school.

I also watched a lot of the live music programs.

In college, I barely watched TV because I was out most of the time.
* barely: 거의 ~하지 않다

Now, I'm more into news programs, mainly because I like to know what's going on in the world around me.
ex> I'm more into reading books than watching TV.

News programs are the total opposite to dramas because they cover events that have actually happened in real life.
* the total opposite to: ~와 정반대
* cover: 다루다
ex> My sister is the total opposite to(of) me.
ex> She looks much better in real life.

I also like watching comedy shows and reality shows on TV.


@ The movie is based on a real story.  그 영화는 실화를 다루고 있어.
That was a killer movie!  정말 끝내주는 영화였어

1. My family was on TV last year.
2. I channel-surfed all day long.
3. His idea was the total opposite to mine.
4. She looks much younger in real life.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기