ad

2012년 5월 31일 목요일

5/29 Sing

DIALOG>> I'm a terrible singer.

A: Do you like to sing?
B: No! I'm a terrible singer.
A: Really? You have a nice voice.
B: Singing is totally different.
A: How bad are you?
B: I have no sense of rhythm.
* have no sense of rhythm: 박자 감각이 없다, = tone deaf


RESPONSE>> Do you like to sing? When and where do you sing most often? Who are you normally with when you are singing

I love to sing every now and then because it is a nice way to relieve stress.
* relieve stress: 스트레스를 해소하다
ex> I think of you every now and then.
ex> What do you do to relieve stress?

In my head I think I sing pretty well but my friends tell me that I get carried away easily.
* get carried away: 정신이 팔리다, 오버하다, 도취되다
ex> Don't get carried away and talk about your personal story.

I like to copy singers down to the last detail, mimicking their hand gestures and facial expressions.
* down to the last detail[inch]: 아주 세밀한 부분까지도
* mimic: 흉내내다
ex> The monkey in the cage mimicking tourists.
ex> She tells her friends everything down to the last detail.

I sing most often at karaoke rooms.

In Korea it is very common for colleagues to go out for dinner together after work and then go to a karaoke room.
* go out for dinner: 저녁 먹으로 가다

It's the perfect opportunity to bond with your fellow workers and let your guard down.
* let one's guard down: 경계심을 늦추다, 편하게 지내다
ex> It's the perfect opportunity to meet famous people.


@ She has a high-pitch (voice).  그녀는 목소리 톤이 높아.
I'm so jealous of people who sing well.

1. Exercise is a good way to relieve stress.
2. I got carried away and bought too much stuff while I was grocery shopping.
3. We planned everything down to the last detail.
4. Children can easily bond with their mothers.







댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기