ad

2012년 6월 21일 목요일

6/21 My Office Building

DIALOG>> I walked up the stairs.

A: Why are you breathing so heavily?
B: Let me just catch my breath first. I walked up the stairs.
A: All the way up to the 15th floor?
B: Yep. I've been doing this for a while.
A: Are you trying to lose weight?
B: Yes. And it's working too. I've lost 8 kilos so far.
* breath heavily: gasp
* catch one's breath: 숨 돌리다, 쉬다(take a breath)


RESPONSE>> Please describe your company's building.

My company's building is located in the heart of Gangnam District.
* in the heart of: ~의 중심에 있는
ex> Our hotel is in the heart of the city of Beijing.

It is very close to two subway stations.
ex> I think I'm very close to my aunt.

It's very convenient for me to commute.
* commute: 통근하다

It's really hard to miss the building because it is the tallest building in the area.
ex> This question was really hard to miss.

It's a 30-story building.
* 30-story: 30층의

It was built about ten years age, so the building is fairly clean and modern.

When you look at the building from the outside, you can see glass walls covering the entire building.

These are special glass walls. You cannot see the inside from the outside.
ex> I was only able to see the concept car from the outside.

It's like a big giant mirror.

When you walk into the lobby, there are four elevators.
ex> He was already drunk when he walked into a bar.

One of them is a freight elevator.
* freight elevator: 화물 엘리베이트

The other three are passenger elevators.

My company occupies the 18th and 19th floors. My office is located on the 18th floor.
ex> Our resort is located on the Haeundae beach.


@ What floor are you going to?  몇 층가십니까?
Could you press 7 for me, please.
= hit

1. My sandwich shop is in the heart of Korean town.
2. My house is very close to the ballpark.
3. His bright yellow car is really hard to miss when you see it.
4. The coffee shop is located on the ground floor of the building.



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기