ad

2012년 8월 1일 수요일

7/31 Photography

DIALOG>> You must be camera-shy.

A: Is that a new camera? Wow, nice!
B: Thanks, I just got it last week. I'm still playing around with it.
A: Is photography a hobby of yours?
B: I'm still new at it.
A: Please don't take pictures of me, okay?
B: Ha-ha, okay. I get it. You must be camera-shy.


RESPONSE>> Talk about taking photographs as a hobby.

Photography is my favorite pastime.
ex> Reading is her favorite pastime.

I'm not a professional photographer but I've grown to love it.
* be grown to: ~으로 되어가다
ex> I've grown to enjoy eating vegetables.

It's a great way to capture memories.
ex> The movie captures the love between mother and daughter.

I take my camera everywhere.

I like to be behind the lens because I don't like to pose or mug for the camera.
* be behind the lens: 렌즈 뒤에 있다. (사진을 찍다)
* mug: 과장되게 표정을 짓다

I'm too shy for that.

The trickiest part of taking a photo is setting up the shot.
* the trickiest part: 제일 어려운 부분
ex> The trickiest part of making the cake is the frosting.
* set up the shot: 사진을 설정하다
ex> They're setting up the room for the meeting.

You need to pick a good spot and make sure the lighting is just right.

Sometimes, I take candids of my friends.
* take candid of: ~의 있는 그대로의 모습을 찍다

But I never use Photoshop, it's too unnatural.

I'd like to get a new lens but camera equipment is pretty expensive.

I entered some of my photos into an amateur photography contest.
ex> The amateur tennis player beat him.

I don't think I'll win, but who knows?
* who knows? 아무도 모른다. (반문법)


@ I look washed out.  나 좀 지쳐 보이네

1. I've grown to respect him.
2. The photo accurately captures her personality.
3. I want you to set up the table for me.
4. Don't be such an amateur.



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기