ad

2014년 10월 27일 월요일

PE 10/24 Why Is the Neighbor Kid Raking Our Yard?

Mick, you know good and well that you aren't going to rake the leaves until next spring and then you’ll complain that our lawn is dead. Just like last year and the year before.
* know good and well: to be very aware of something
ex> I know good and well that you borrowed $20 from my wallet without asking me.

I did suggest calling Timmy last year. You said you just needed a few aspirin and some rest and that you would get out and do it. What’s with you and the yard work?
* What’s with you and…?: why are you obsessed with…?
ex> Every time I see you, you’re eating French fries. What’s with you and fast food?

It’s a matter of pride, Betty. A man’s yard is an extension of his castle. And I don’t need some kid to tend to my castle grounds.
* tend to: to take care of something
ex> If the weather is nice, Judy tends to her garden for a couple of hours each day.

Now you’re being melodramatic! Did I happen to mention he’s doing it for free? He felt bad about not offering to do it last year when you were injured.
* melodramatic: overly emotional
ex> Melodramatic people tend to think they are the only ones with problems.

Free? Well, that’s a different story. I guess if he does a half-decent job, I can always get out there and fix his mess.
* half-decent: good; skilled
ex> A half-decent golfer would have made that putt nine times out of 10.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기