ad

2014년 10월 29일 수요일

PE 10/28 Warren Buffett Speech – Part 4

Yeah when I started out – the sell situation has changed over the years because when I started out I had way more ideas than money. I mean I would go through Moody’s Manual, I went through it page by page, and then I went through it again page by page. And I found stocks in there that I could understand that were selling at like two times earnings, even one times earnings.
* start out: to begin one’s career
ex> When most people start out in life, they have no idea what they’re doing.
* over the years: as time has progressed
ex> Over the years, people have gotten taller in Korea due to better nutrition.
* go through something page by page: to make a detailed examination of a document
ex> My wife and I went through the agreement page by page to purchase our first house.

So, I was always coming up with more ideas than I had money, so I had to sell whatever I liked least to buy something new that just was compelling to me.
* compelling: convincing; persuasive
ex> The movie had a compelling plot, which brought many people back to see it a second time.

So, if you look at our annual report, which is on the Internet at our homepage berkshirehathaway.com, you’ll see something in the back called the economic principles of Berkshire, which I believe in setting out for my partners.
* set out: to present to someone; place in front of someone
ex> Shortly after setting out into the forest, Tim became scared and homesick.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기