ad

2014년 10월 29일 수요일

PE 10/29 Working as a Wedding Planner

I think I’m going to need you to come with me for that meeting so you can take really good notes. I’m looking forward to that one since we've never tried a theme like that before.
* look forward to: to be happily awaiting something
ex> The kids were looking forward to the trip to the beach all month.

Oh, I’m with you on that. My head is swimming with ideas!
* be with someone: to be in agreement with someone; promise someone your support
ex> If you want me to help you move to your new apartment, I’m with you.
* one’s head is swimming: to have many ideas in one’s mind; be dizzy
ex> Mr. Lincoln’s head was swimming with thoughts of the beach as he toiled away in his office.

And how are things going with the Ralston-Donaldson wedding? It’s pretty straightforward, so we shouldn't have any surprises.
* straightforward: obvious; as it is stated
ex> It may look simple, but this camera isn't as straightforward as you think.
Note> A person can be straightforward, too. It means he’s honest and frank.

Brilliant idea! We’ll play to his ego. Nothing would make him madder than to lose a big job to his nemesis!
* play to one’s strength/ego/etc: to use one’s attributes against them
ex> With politicians, it’s easiest to get their attention by playing to their egos.
ex> I play to my strengths when I’m involved in team sports, which means I usually stay on the sidelines cheering for my teammates.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기