ad

2015년 11월 3일 화요일

PE 11/3 Damien Hirst


* take (someone or something) for granted: to fail to appreciate something because it is too familiar
ex> I took for granted all the great equipment and facilities my high school had.

* enormous: very large or significant
ex> I just saw some kind of enormous animal eating a pancake beside the trash can.

* installation: an object or system that has been assembled and placed
ex> A new installation of ancient stone sculptures at the gallery has fascinated thousands of visitors.

* question: to doubt; ask questions of someone
ex> Sales of my first album made me question my songwriting ability.

* believe in: to completely accept the existence or truth of something
ex> The number of people who believe in flying saucers has fallen in recent years.

* rubbish: garbage; trash; worthless or useless
ex> I didn’t vote for that Member of Parliament because most of what he says is rubbish.
Note> Rubbish is commonly used in Britain, Australia and New Zealand, just as garbage is used in Canada, and trash is used in the US. In the UK, Rubbish! Is also an expression of rejection of something someone has just said.

* upright: 수직의, 똑바른
This word has an alternate but related meaning. When referring to a person, upright means “having a strong moral character.”
ex> Someone must have fixed it, because it was upright when I walked by it just a half hour ago.


댓글 1개:

  1. 스크립트 감사합니다. 스캔해서 올리시는 건가요?

    답글삭제