ad

2016년 12월 14일 수요일

PE 11/24 A Tower with a Difference


Jason, I want to reward you for putting up with the activities today that were geared toward your younger siblings and your Mom.
* put up with: to endure; accept a burden
* geared toward: to be made suitable for a specific group
ex> The aquarium’s exhibits are geared toward children and adolescents.

I had a feeling you had something up your sleeve after we dropped them off at the hotel.
* have something up one’s sleeve: to have a secret plan or idea
ex> My birthdays’ coming, and I think Raoul has something up his sleeve.
* drop (someone/something) off: to leave someone or something at a destination
ex> I have to drop off these books at the library.

You see that tall tower ahead? That’s Sky Tower, where you can get a bird’s-eye view of all of Auckland.
* bird’s-eye view: a view from above; a brief overview
ex> You can get a bird’s-eye view of the whole city from the tower.

An observation tower? I’m not complaining Dad, but that’s not exactly going to set the world on fire, you know?
* set the world on fire: to do something remarkable that earns fame
ex> This new video game has set the world on fire.
ex> It won’t set the world on fire, but it’s a very good first novel.

@ Now you’re talking!  바로 그거예요.
That’s better! /That’s more like it! /That’s what I’m talking about!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기