ad

2013년 1월 15일 화요일

1/11 Haenyo


* mermaid [|m3:rmeɪd]: a woman with a fish's tail who lives in the sea.

* picture: 상상하다[마음에 그리다]
ex> We found it hard to picture him as the father of teenage sons.
ex> I want you to picture yourself 10 years from now.

* if I were to tell you: 내가 만약 말한다면
ex> If I were to tell you where I shop, you'd be surprised.

* fit the description: 인상착의가 맞다, 설명과 일치하다
ex> He doesn't fit the description of a suspect who robbed the bank.

* hold one's breath: 숨을 참다
ex> How long can you hold your breath underwater?

* sea bed: 해저
* abalone: 전복  ex> pick abalone
* sea urchin: sea creature that has a hard shell covered with a sharp points


@ You'd better hold your tongue.  너 잠자코 있는 게 좋을 거야.

1. Close your eyes and picture yourself being successful.
2. She perfectly fits the description of a leader.
3. That lion is what is known as Alpha Male.
4. I had to hold my breath for 30 seconds.



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기