ad

2013년 1월 3일 목요일

1/2 New Year's Resolutions

* stamp out: to destroy or get rid of something bad or unpleasant by force or with a lot of effort  ex> They aim to stamp out drug dealing in schools.
to put out a fire by pressing down on it hard with your foot.  ex> He stamped out the flames before they spread any further.

* resolve to do something: to make a firm decision to do it, determined to do it
ex> Barnes was resolved to moving on when his contract expired.

* kick the habit: stop doing something harmful that you have done for a long time.
ex> You ought to kick the habit before you get addicted.


@ You really have strong will power.  넌 정말 강한 의지력을 갖고 있구나

1. The new mayor wants to stamp out poverty in the city.
2. They are paid miserably low wages.
3. When it comes to cooking, my mom is the best cook.
4. Please tune in to our show tomorrow morning.


@ I have some the New Year's resolutions for me. The first thing is that; regular workout. I  have been playing badminton near sport center. I couldn't take part in doing regularly last year because my kids didn't want me to go out for workout. I have to negotiate with 윤서 that I can go three time a week; and play with them in other days.
When it comes to English studying, I stick to tune in to EBS FM during commuting.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기