ad

2016년 1월 23일 토요일

PE 1/1 New Year, New Friends


* make good on: to fulfill a promise or repay a debt
ex> Davina made good on her promise to put away the dishes if I made dinner

* at ease: relaxed and comfortable
ex> Hearing that our friends had made it home safely in the storm put us at ease.

* get along: to have a friendly relationship; make progress in situation
ex> It’s great that my brother and I get alone so well now, because we used to disagree a lot.

* standoffish: unfriendly; reserved
ex> Alan can seem standoffish at first, but he’s actually just very shy.

* at loose ends: restless due to not having enough to do
* My kids are always at loose ends during the last few days of a school break.

* flaky: eccentric; unreliable
ex> I used to think that all artists were slightly flaky until I met Randolph.
Note> A person who is flaky is known as a flake “You are such a flake!”

* ask (one) out: ~에게 데이트를 신청하다, ~을 초대하다
ex> I haven’t found the courage to ask her out yet, but I will.



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기