ad

2016년 1월 23일 토요일

PE 1/8 Cheryl’s Renewed Loyalty


* make headway: to make progress
ex> Tyler is easily distracted, but he’s making headway with his written assignments.

* be out of here: to leave
ex> If they’re sold out of my favorite cookies again, I’m out of here.

* climb/jump on the bandwagon: to join a popular movement or opinion because it is popular
ex> I was reluctant to jump on the bandwagon at first, but I have to admit that I really like this book.

* elated: very happy; thrilled; over joyed
ex> Virginia was elated when her paper was accepted for presentation at the conference.

* throw in: to include in a transaction without extra cost
ex> If you place your order before midnight, we’ll throw in this handy microfiber cloth for free.

* through thick and thin: under all circumstances, whether easy or difficult
ex> This dog has been my loyal friend through thick and thin.

* break: 기회
The word break has numerous meanings, both as a noun and a verb. It can mean “a short rest or interruption” as well as “an opportunity.” As a verb, it means “to damage something, especially by causing it to fall apart into several pieces.”

ex> I think it’s so cool that you went to school with someone who became a famous actor. How did she get her big break?

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기