ad

2014년 11월 12일 수요일

PE 11/6 San Diego Zoo and Safari Park

That’s true, but you can’t be this up close and personal with Cape buffaloes or rhinos in the regular zoo. Look! A pair of lions resting under that tree!
* be/get up close and personal: to be intimate: be in close range of something or someone
ex> We waited behind the concert hall to try and get up close and personal with Tony Bennett as he left the venue.

Wow! Look way over there! A hyena. It’s like they’re coming out of the woodwork.
* come out of the woodwork: to appear seemingly out of nowhere
ex> After she won the lottery, distant relatives began to come out of the woodwork.
Note> This phrase is based on the idea of insects that suddenly come out from under boards in a house where they have been hidden.

It looks like they aren't hurting for money, unlike some other zoos I've seen in my travels.
* hurt for: to suffer from lack of something
ex> We weren't hurting for ideas, only the money to implement them.

I feel ya, Brad. Of all the safari parks I've ever been to, this one has got to be the biggest.
* I feel you: to suggest that you empathize with someone
= I understand you; I get you; I can relate.
ex> Listen, I feel you, but I can’t let you cut in line just because you have to use the toilet.

Don’t look now, but there’s a giraffe poking his head into the tour bus!
* don’t look now: a warning to someone that something/someone is approaching from their blind side and to suggest they don’t turn around
ex> Don’t look now, but I think that girl over there is checking you out.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기