ad

2014년 11월 12일 수요일

PE 11/7 How Hard Is It to Pick Out a Pair of Shoes?

Patience is a virtue, Jason! I’m trying to pick a pair of shoes to wear.
* patience is a virtue: it is better to be patient than impatient
ex> I know that patience is a virtue, but I’m just no feeling very virtuous today!

Oh, that’s so cute, Jason! Guys are clueless when it comes to women’s fashion. I can’t just slip on the first pair I see and run out the door like I’m heading out to check the mailbox.
* clueless: not understanding basic things
ex> Although Tom was a math genius, he was pretty clueless when it came to talking to people.

It’s not as easy as matching colors. It has to be the right kind of heel for the occasion. I couldn't wear stilettos to the movies. And wearing sandal to the opera would be a no-no.
* no-no: something that is forbidden
ex> We knew that sneaking out at night was a no-no, but we always did it when we were kids.

Well, I've narrowed it down to two pairs that I’ll want your opinion on…
* narrow down: to limit the choices
ex> Ted and Jill narrowed down their possible vacation destinations to Hawaii and Antarctica.

Bingo! I’ll wear these red ones. Why didn't you say the strappy Steve Madden’s were down here?
* Bingo!: an exclamation of success
ex> Bingo! I think I just solved the theory of everything.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기