ad

2014년 11월 19일 수요일

PE 11/17 “Monday Night Football” Party

You know I don’t like football, Chip. Why do you think I’d have any fun? All the shouting and high-fives!
* high-five: a celebratory slapping of the hands between two people
ex> Baseball players always high-five the other team after the game as a show of sportsmanship.

Now you’re talking! Do I have to watch any of the game if I don’t want? It’s not that I hate football, I just get bored by it. I’m more of a soccer fan.
* Now you’re talking!: used to express one’s agreement or approval
ex> A: We don’t have to go to school tomorrow because they expect bad weather. / B: Now you’re talking! Let’s go sledding at the park!

You can count me in, Chip. I’m not much of a cook, but I can do a veggie tray or I can buy a dessert. Which would you prefer?
* count me in: to expect my participation
ex> If you need someone to help out on the school field trip, you can count me in.

That’s the spirit! But remember, most of the people coming tonight are rooting for the Vikings.
* root for: to vocally support someone/a team
ex> Be careful where you sit at the stadium if you are rooting for the visiting team.

I’ll keep that in mind. I guess football fans are just as rabid as soccer fans, aren't they?
* rabid: 광적인

That’s putting it mildly! Anyway, we’ll have a good time even if you wear a Manchester United jersey.
* put it mildly: to imply that things are much worse than they appear
ex> To call that car expensive is putting it mildly.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기