ad

2013년 3월 7일 목요일

3/4 Samgyeopsal Day

* take someone out: ~을 데리고 나가서 대접하다
ex> Why don't you take her out for coffee?

* once: 한번, 언젠가, ~하자마자

* look on one's face: ~의 표정
ex> I can never forget the look on her face.

* go: (비격식) 말하다
ex> And I go, "I don't want to see you anymore."
ex> I asked 'How much?' and he goes, 'Fifty' and I go, "Fifty? You must be joking!'

* chunk: 덩어리

* ever since: from that time on, ~이후로 계속
ex> He has been living alone ever since his wife passed away.

* speaking of: ~에 관해서 말한다

ex> Speaking of which, don't forget to bring your camera.
cf> speaking of which: 이야기가 나와서 말인데, = by the way, incidentally, apropos, with regard to..

cf> speak of the devil: said when somebody who has just been mentioned appears unexpectedly, 호랑이도 제 말하면 온다
'I haven't seen Leo for a while.' 'Well, speak of the devil, here he is!'

* belated: later than it should have done. 뒤늦은, 때늦은
ex> She sent me a belated birthday card.


@ Knock yourself out.  맘껏 먹어.
= Go for it, Do what ever you want, it doesn't bother me.

1. I took her out to a nice restaurant last night.
2. He had a serious look on his face.
3. Ever since I quit smoking, I've been hunger every night.
4. Speaking of London, When are you leaving for London?




댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기