ad

2013년 5월 16일 목요일

5/16 Gwangju Democratization Movement


* sacrifice: 희생하다
ex> Our parents sacrificed their lives for us.

* pivotal  [|pɪvətl]: 중요한
* democratization: 민주화
* may well be: 틀림없이 ~일 것이다
ex> This may well be her best performance ever.

* scene: 현장, 장소, 장면
ex> The police arrived at the murder scene.

* uprising: 봉기, 항쟁
* protest against: ~에 대해 항의하다
ex> Many workers protested against their poor working conditions.
ex> The students protested against the rising tuition fees.

* junta [|hʊntə]: (쿠데타로 정권을 장악한) 군사정권
* paratrooper [|pӕrətru:pə(r)] : 낙하산병, 공수부대원
* be sent to: ~하기 위해 보내지다
ex> Rescue workers were sent to search for survivors.

* suppress: 진압하다, 억누르다
* profound effect: 지대한 영향
ex> His advice had a profound effect on my decision making.


@ We owe them a huge debt of gratitude.  우리는 그들에게 큰 감사의 빚을 지고 있어.

1. He doesn't want me to sacrifice myself for him.
2. Today may well be the best day of my life.
3. I was sent to the airport to pick up my boss.
4. Einstein had a profound effect on science.




댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기