ad

2013년 4월 2일 화요일

PE 4/1 Second Thoughts


1. take ~ the wrong way: be offended by a remark that was not intended to be offensive, 오해하다, 기분 나쁘게 받아들이다
ex> Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you are the best person for this job.
ex> Please don't take it the wrong way. I meant no harm.

2. be[get] in on: knowing about something; included in sth.  참여하다, 알게 되다
ex> I wish I weren't in on your secret. I would have enjoyed being surprised when you told everyone.
ex> I'd like to be in on this project if you'll have me.

3. blow up in one's face: 일이 꼬이다, 일이 잘못되다
ex> Your plans always blow up in your face, but you never stop trying them!

* practical joke: (사람을 웃음거리로 만드는) 장난  ex> He cried as she played a practical joke on him.

* all or nothing: 모 아니면 도  ex> This game is about all or nothing, so do win.
cf> an all-or-nothing decision: 양간간의 결정

* howling [|haʊlɪŋ]: 울부짖는, 휘몰아치는   ex> a howling gale/storm/wind



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기