ad

2013년 6월 20일 목요일

6/19 Facial Flushing

It's about an unpopular high school teacher who blushes easily.
* blush [blʌʃ] : 얼굴을 붉히다, 얼굴이 빨개지다
ex> He always blushes when I compliment him.
ex> to blush with embarrassment / shame

She is infatuated with one of her colleagues.
* be infatuated with [ɪn|fӕtʃueɪtɪd]: ~에 반해 있다. 열중하다
ex> I was totally infatuated with her.
ex> He was infatuated with gambling.

She has a severe case of flushing.
* severe case of: ~의 심한 증상, 심한 사례
ex> I have a severe case of flu.

Flushing is the involuntary reddening of the face usually caused by embarrassment.
* involuntary: 무의식적인, 자기도 모르게 하는
ex> Breathing is an involuntary process.

Facial flushing occurs when the blood vessels under the surface of the skin dilate.
* dilate [daɪleɪt]: 확장하다, 팽창하다
ex> Her eyes dilated when she saw him.

A flushed face is usually momentary.
* momentary: 순간의, 순간적인 = transient, temporary
ex> I think that is just a momentary problem.


@ I wanted to sink through the floor.  쥐구멍에라도 들어가고 싶었어.

1. She looks so cute when she blushes.
2. He is so infatuated with you.
3. She has a severe case of pinkeye.
4. I'm just happy with momentary joy.




댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기