ad

2013년 6월 8일 토요일

6/6 Mensa


What is Mensa?

Have you ever taken an IQ test before?
I think I took one when I was in seventh grade.
No, I'm not going to disclose my IQ score to you.
Well, let's just say my IQ is above average but not high enough to be a member of Mensa.
Mensa is the oldest and largest high IQ society in the world.
The world Mensa means "table" in Latin and it shows the round-table nature of the society, the coming together of equals.
Mensa was founded in England in 1946 by Roland Berrill and Dr. Lancelot Ware.
If you want to become a member of this exclusive organization, you have to score in the top two percent of any standard IQ test.


* take (시험을치다, (테스트를받다
ex> You must take the written exam first.

seventh grade 7학년 (= 1)
* disclose 누설하다밝히다
ex> They didn't disclose the exact location of their wedding.

* let's just say ~라고 말하다, ~정도라고 하다
ex> Let's just say she is not interested in your offer.

* above average 평균 이상
*  round-table 원탁 회의의
coming together 결합화합
* found 설립하다창설하다
ex> Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates.

* exclusive 유일한고가의특권 계급에 한정된
ex> He checked into an exclusive hotel in the downtown area.


@ Don't get smart with me.  건방지게 굴지 마.

1. I need to take a TOEFL test as soon as possible.
2. He chose not to disclose his yearly salary.
3. McDonald's wasn't founded by the McDonalds brothers.
4. That is a standard procedure for any membership renewal.




댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기