ad

2013년 7월 4일 목요일

7/3 Substitute Holiday System

I’m more than positive that you are with me on this one.
* be more than positive: 확실하다
* be with: ~을 찬성하다, 지지하다
ex> I just want to say that Im with you 100%.

It is indeed depressing, especially for Koreans, who work the longest hours in the world.
* indeed: 정말, 확실히
ex> That is indeed an amazing idea.

There is this thing called a substitute holiday system.
* substitute: 대신하는 것, 대용품, 대체물
ex> I’m going to be your substitute teacher for today.
ex> I think there is no substitute for him.

It basically designates a day off during the week when a public holiday falls on a Sunday.
* day off: 쉬는 날
ex> What do you usually do on your day off?
* fall on: ~날이 되다, ~날과 겹치다

The business community is not particularly fond of the system.
* be fond of: ~을 좋아하다
ex> Im fond of beer and baked chicken.

Advocates of the system argue that it would improve people’s quality of life.
* advocate: 지지자, 옹호자, 지지하다
ex> He is an advocate of free speech.


I’m totally burned out. 난 너무 지쳤어.

1. I'm with you all the way.
2. It was indeed the greatest movie ever.
3. She hasn't had a day off in 8 years.
4. I'm not fond of his books.



Talk about the substitute holiday system.
Remember when I told you I hate it when a public holiday falls on a Sunday?
I’m more than positive that you are with me on this one.
It is indeed depressing, especially for Koreans, who work the longest hours in the world.
Don’t be too sad though, because there is this thing called a substitute holiday system.
It basically designates a day off during the week when a public holiday falls on a Sunday.
The business community is not particularly fond of the system.
They claim that it would increase labor costs and decrease their output.
However, advocates of the system argue that it would improve people’s quality of life and create socio-economic benefit.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기