ad

2013년 7월 17일 수요일

PE 7/16 Quentin Tarantino Interview, Part 3, "Making It Happen"

You are one of the brightest lights in directing of your generation. How do you think that happened?
* one of the brightest lights: 가장 훌륭한 것 중 하나
ex> He is one of his company's brightest lights.

How did you make it happen, Quentin?
* make it happen: 되게 하다, 이루다
ex> I'll have to make it happen myself.

A lot of directors go to film school to learn how other directors think they should direct. They went to film school. I went to films. I paid attention to which films people like and why they liked them. To me the conclusion is obvious.
* the conclusion is obvious: 결론은 불 보듯 뻔하다
ex> Once I saw her face at the party, the conclusion was obvious; she loved Roberto.

Not in a million years, I am saying that a director should know what people like, and figure out a way to marry what you want to show them with things they want to see.
* marry: 결합하다
* not in a million years: 절대로 그렇지 않다
ex> There is no way that Father will sell this company! Not in a million years.



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기