ad

2013년 7월 19일 금요일

7/18 Low-Cost Airline

You’re a frugal shopper like me.
* frugal: 절약하는, 검소한, 간소한
ex> He is not used to a frugal lifestyle.
ex> She wants to have a frugal meal of bread and cheese.

You would definitely use one of those websites that lets you compare rates.
ex> They won’t let you in until 8 am.

A low-cost airline is an airline that offers rock-bottom fares.
* rock-bottom: 최저의, 최저수준
ex> Our prices are always rock-bottom.

You get what you pay for.  
돈 낸 것 만큼 얻을 수 있다. (싼게 비지떡)
ex> One thing I can always take to the bank is you get what you pay for

You might wonder how low-cost airlines make a profit.
* make a profit: 이윤을 남기다, 수익을 내다
ex> Companies must make profits in order to stay in business.

They have less legroom than regular airlines.
* legroom: 다리를 뻗을 수 있는 공간
ex> This car has a lot of legroom in the backseat.

You have to pay extra for food.
* pay extra: 추가로 지불하다
ex> I can’t believe I had to pay extra for hot water.
ex> Do I have to pay extra for that?


It was a steal. 아주 싸게 샀어.

1. You have to form frugal habits.
2. He won't let me use his laptop.
3. I'm looking for a room at rock-bottom price
4. They told me that I had to pay extra for Kimchi.



Talk about low-cost airlines.
A couple of months ago, I decided to take a short trip to Osaka.
Now, if you’re a frugal shopper like me, you would definitely use one of those websites that lets you compare rates.
I found low-cost airline tickets at half the price of major airlines.
low-cost airline, also called low-cost carrier, is an airline that offers rock-bottom fares and fewer comforts.
You might wonder how low-cost airlines make a profit.
Well, you get what you pay for!
They only provide you with basic beverages.
They have less legroom than regular airlines.
If you’re hungry,you have to pay extra for food.
There are no fancy in-flight entertainment systems.
But then again,who needs all those?

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기